Monday, February 27, 2012

ACA Member Spotlight: Sara Sanchez

Hometown:  Mathis, TX
College(s) Attended:  The University of Texas at Austin
Degree(s) earned:  B.A. Psychology, M.Ed. Higher Education Administration
Title:  Senior Academic Advisor- McCombs School of Business
What are your hobbies? Hanging out with family and friends, reading, volunteering, church, dog parks, rock concerts
What was your favorite childhood toy? I had a ton of care bears… and their cousins.
What is your current position at UT? Briefly explain.  I’m a Senior Academic Advisor for the McCombs School of Business where I advise students, lead a FIG, and develop programs focusing on student retention.
Have you had any jobs prior to your current job at UT?  If so, what were they?  I was the Recruitment Coordinator for the Equal Opportunity in Engineering Program at UT.  Before that I worked as a Volunteer Coordinator/Office Manager for Breakthrough Austin.
What is the most challenging aspect of your current job?  I’m new so I would have to say learning all the academic policies.
Why/How did you decide to work in an institution of higher education?  As a first generation college graduate, I realized that there are many barriers that may prevent someone from attending and completing college.  Based on my own experiences, I decided to focus my career on higher education administration because I love to motivate and help students succeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment