Thursday, May 22, 2014

30 for 30 Member Spotlight: Mike Dean


My name is Michael Dean and I am originally from Anderson, IN.  I graduated in 2006 with a BA degree in Social Science with an Emphasis in Social Studies Education.  I am currently the Program Coordinator/Academic Advisor in the College of Education, and in the past I was an Admissions Counselor at National American University, and I taught for three years.  My journey at UT Austin started in 2012 when I was hired as the Administrative Associate in Career Services at the College of Education, and now I have branched out into academics.  My favorite thing about ACA is sharing experiences and best practices with other advisors across campus.  The best advice I could give a new advisor is to network and ask a lot of questions.  Do not be afraid to approach another advisor with a question, because (more than likely) they will know the best person to connect you with.  I would like my legacy at UT Austin to include my passion for higher education and to provide great service for our outstanding students.  I've lived in north Austin for eight years with my wife Amanda and our Golden-Retreiver, Brinkley.

No comments:

Post a Comment