Thursday, September 29, 2011

Member Spotlight: Kathryn Aslan

Hometown:  Walled Lake, Michigan
College(s) Attended:   Michigan State University and Loyola University Chicago
Degree(s) earned:  German (B.A.), Master of Social Work (MSW)

Title:  Associate Academic Advisor- School of Nursing

What are your hobbies? I play the viola and I love to travel
What was your favorite childhood toy? Either my Hungry Hungry Hippos game or the good old Speak & Spell
What is your current position at UT? Briefly explain:  Associate Academic Advisor in the School of Nursing
Have you had any jobs prior to your current job at UT?  If so, what were they? I was an advisor at the University of Chicago for four years, ran a nonprofit organization in Chicago, and did therapy with cancer patients as well.
What is the most challenging aspect of your current job? Getting used to a new curriculum and such a large school!
Why/How did you decide to work in an institution of higher education? I always enjoyed working with students, and I went back and got my MSW on purpose so I could work with students in a more specialized way. I love this age group.

No comments:

Post a Comment